Friday, July 17, 2009

Getting a Handle on Things

Sometimes the simple, functional details can be quite beautiful. And this is not a pity compliment I'm doling out just because I feel bad for under-appreciated furniture appendages. But seriously, have you thanked your dresser knobs today? It's a tough task they perform: they're groped and yanked daily by your clammy, greasy hands - yet they nary utter a complaint. And it is precisely because of this that I am able to get dressed each morning. How would I access my unjustifiably large collection of Threadless shirts if I had to listen to some glorified woodchip whine about it the whole time? I wouldn't, that's how. So I say this to you, dresser drawer knobs: Thank you. Thank you for being such doormats. (Not that I am trying to slight doormats in any way... I hold both parties in the highest regard. Really.)

In other blog related news: I've decided to keep an archive of older sketches to post up when I don't have the time to draw new ones... hopefully this will keep my posting more consistent!

No comments:

Post a Comment